Saturday 21 January 2012

Picture This! Exhibition!

Helen Stephen's beautiful work welcoming us!
Sorry about my reflection in the picture.
I LOVE
THE DRAGON...Kazuno Kohara.
Helen Stephen's beautiful work.
A is for Anteater by Katie Viggers.
I'm in love
with the jellyfish that she illustrated. No photo unfortunatley.
Beautiful spreads by Kazuno Kohara!
Mine (Bear) and Grace's
(Duck bottom) exquisite corpse.

James put the crocodile in the UK! Ha!
Not part of the Picture this!
Exhibition but really beautiful.

I forgot to check who the artist
was! I was too excited to stop
and look at names!
I'm turning into the Hulk!!!
(Inside the scarily large lift).
Very blurry, sneaky photo of Kevin Waldron's work.
Sneaky photo of the lovely Katie Cleminson's work.

I recently read on Helen Stephen's blog that her work (and other amazing illustrators work) was being exhibited at the Picture This! Exhibition! As soon as I heard about it I had to go! I adore children's books and illustration and aspire to become a Children's book illustrator. I thought it would also give me some inspiration as i've been feeling a bit rubbish about my work.

It didn't take long to get there, but the gallery itself was a bit confusing. Once we found the gallery I went all jelly legged from excitement and started snapping up some pictures of the beautiful work - without flash as i'm respectful - but the lady working there told me not to take any more as it was not allowed...but I had to prove I had seen gorgeous work...I wanted to be able to look back at the photos and feel excited and inspired! If the lady saw this blog she probably wouldn't be very happy.

(..if any of the artists' whose work I have published on this blog are not happy with the fact I took the photos then I will gladly take the photos down as I respect my fellow artist.)

I had so much fun though! It was fantastic to look through rough sketches and character designs. It was so inspiring and made me excited to be an illusthttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifrator. It also reassured the fact that I want to be a Children's Book Illustrator...I hope to have my work exhibited alongside such amazing artists one day.

I'm sorry if you found this boring...I had a lot to say! I also bought a couple of books and postcards:

Books: There Are Cats in this Book by Viviane Scwarz and Little Wizard by Kazuno Kohara.

No comments:

Post a Comment